Medical Liaison (Neurology)
Contact: Jacob Kind
Phone: 215-830-9211 x122
This is a field-based position. The chosen individual will meet the scientific needs of healthcare professionals on behalf of the company by responding to unsolicited inquiries from the medical community and facilitating scientific interactions with healthcare professionals through the provision of disease state and product information. Develop and maintain “peer to peer” scientific relationships with key thought leaders in health care, academia, and managed care organizations.
- Identify national and regional thought leaders for a designated therapeutic area within a defined geography that may facilitate the company’s research and commercial efforts.
- Exchange information with thought leaders and healthcare providers on scientific issues, trends, ideas and practices related to patient care and identify unmet medical needs.
- Identify opportunities to work with institutions and individual thought leaders; discuss research and medical information and facilitate initiation of clinical research studies, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a high level of therapeutic area, disease state and product expertise
- Attend regional and national professional medical and patient society meetings to gather clinical and business intelligence and support corporate activities.
- Participate in training and assessment of thought leaders for participation in speaker bureau programs.
- Appropriately document interactions and planned schedule of activities in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- 5 - 7 Years
- Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- PharmD, PhD, MD or DO (required); specialty training in neurology and certification preferred.
- Record of accomplishment in central nervous system related activities, in particular in the field of neurology and preferably in epilepsy. 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (eg, medical affairs, clinical development) with a minimum of 5 years experience as a medical liaison.
- Knowledge and skills (general and technical):
- Highly motivated and capable of comprehending complex scientific/medical content which is then communicated in a clear, concise manner
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry from drug discovery and development through commercialization
- Comprehensive understanding of laws, regulations, codes, standards and guidelines regarding pharmaceutical industry practices related to medical liaison activities
- Understanding of health economics/outcomes research and interpretation of results
Submit Your Résumé